Specimen vs. Representative Plant
Ever wondered if the plant you receive will look like the pictures online?
Each plant we grow at Florae is unique. Even the same species can have variations in size, color, and morphology. To make expectations clear, we mark each plant as either a Specimen or a Representative Plant. But what does that mean?
Specimens are specific plants available for sale.
- If you buy a specimen, you will receive the exact plant you see photographed online.
- Each specimen has a specimen number (similar to a vehicle identification number).
- All specimen plants released after 9/5/21 will be issued an identification tag. The identification tag will include the specimen number listed in the product name. When the plant is shipped, the tag will be included to verify the specimen’s authenticity.
- Plants are always growing and we frequently remove dead leaves and pitchers. Because of this, the specimen may look slightly different from what you see online.
Representative plants are interchangeable plants available for sale.
- There are slight variations from plant to plant, so we select the nicest plant we have available. You will receive a plant closely resembling the online photos.
- If you don’t see specimen explicitly stated, then the plant is a representative plant.
If you’re ever aren’t satisfied with a plant you receive, please contact us at [email protected].